I am currently 37 weeks and some change pregnant, meaning this baby girl could be joining this world at any point! For the past couple of days, I have apparently been “nesting” a.k.a. cleaning and organizing like a mad woman. This includes the top of the fridge, the nook & crannies of the outlining of the doors, the floor panels, you name it, I’m cleaning it!
Besides the frantic cleaning mode, I’m relatively calm about this delivery. This is my husband and I’s first child, and we are thrilled to start our family. It may be the “floating in the clouds” aspect that is helping us keep so calm, but being naive is okay with me! I am such a planner through and through, and a slight control freak, so by being oblivious to the delivery/first couple of weeks, I think it helps me remain chill about the entire process.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I have certainly given this whole life changing event some thought in regards to prepping. Here are a couple things to name a few:
- Painted & decorated the nursery
- Had 3 Baby Showers
- Created a budgeted list of all of the Must Haves & Wants
- Purchased remaining items online
- Chose to do Cloth Diapers – Created a Diaper System in the nursery
- Washed all of her newborn clothes and bath towels in Dreft
- Made a homemade dreft solution
- Organized her closet in size order, along with her dresser
- Packed her Diaper Bag
- Made a list of everything I need to bring to the hospital
- Pre-registered at the hospital & filled out all necessary paperwork
- Created a binder to hold all of the paperwork in one place
Did you catch all that? Who knew that getting pregnant would be like getting a second job in regards to the additional workload.
Stay tuned for a story of my first blood drawing from a nurse who was not quite pleasant, to say the least!